Sunday 7 March 2010


Home is it a thought or a feeling, physical or mental? Can you be away from where you live and be at home? It’s an interesting concept when you think about it. What makes home, home? I’ve heard time in and time out that “Home is where your heart is.” If that is true could everywhere be your home? Is this quote talking about the place you love or actually the location where your heart is? For me home is a physical thing as well as a feeling you get. I get to my house and I know I am home. I get back from a trip back into Mt. Pleasant and first thing I say, “Wow sure am glad to be home.” When my sister went off to college and bought a house her home wasn’t with us no more it was there so does that building you call your “house” home? Yes and then again No. Like I said home is a physical thing as well as a feeling you get. The feeling I am relating to is that feeling of comfort your “comfort zone.” We grow up in a house with family that we are used to and comfortable around. Once we get to know others and their family we grow comfortable with them and that’s when you hear “make yourself at home.” From this we can conclude that home is your comfort zone. Once you get comfortable to a new place like a different town, school, state, or country we can then say we are finally home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment